With carbon tax being introduced and fuel prices continuing to rise we thought this would be a good time to share a few tips on how to save some money at the fuel pumps.
1. Avoid hauling a bunch of stuff around with you. Adding extra weight to the vehicle causes it to burn more fuel. If you don’t need it in the car take it out.
2. Be picky about when you fuel. Purchase gas early or late in the day, especially in warm months. Gas is cooler earlier in the day, and denser. As temperatures rise, gas density falls, and you get less of it when you pump. Also, fuel up earlier in the week. Fuel prices typically increase between Wednesday and Saturday.
3. Drive Steady. While it might be fun to drive fast it also consumes quite a bit of fuel. Driving at the speed limit or just below and driving smoothly (without accelerating quickly) will help to use gas more efficiently.
4. Use the cruise control (if equipped). If you are hitting the highway use the cruise control to manage your speed and help conserve fuel.
5. Vehicle Maintenance. Check to make sure that your tires are properly inflated. Under inflated tires can cause tires to wear faster as well create more friction which burns more fuel. Also make sure to check your filters regularly, especially the air filter. Clean filters help your vehicle run more fuel efficiently.
6. Add Fuel System Cleaner to the fuel once per year. Fuel System Cleaner cleans the fuel injectors, keeps the intake valves clean and helps to reduce fuel consumption.
For more information about this or to schedule an appointment please call us at 204-987-2461 or by email at email@example.com