My husband and I love to camp but we seem to always end up at our tried and true spots. This year, after being inspired by a Facebook post about Manitoba’s epic road trip, we decided to create our own road trip plans. We wanted to go to a few places we had never been in Manitoba as well as some spots we have been to but would like to spend more time at. Our plan quickly came together:
Stop one: Whiteshell Provincial Park with White Lake being our destination
Stop two: Nopiming Provincial Park
Stop three: Camp Morton Provincial Park (I have wanted to stay in one of the log cabins ever since I was a child)
Stop four: Pine Dock, MB
Stop five: Riding Mountain National Park
Stop six: Turtle Mountain Provincial Park (my husband has wanted to go here since he was a kid)
Stop seven: Spruce Woods Provincial Park
In total it is 1578kms round trip which is almost 20 hours of driving time. This lead us to our next discussion; will our vehicle be able to handle all these miles? So, before we head out this summer on our great adventure we will be bringing the vehicle into Frank Motors for an inspection and an oil change.
Top 5 things to have checked before leaving for a road trip:
1. The fluids – Check the oil, coolant, brake fluid and windshield washer fluid. Have them topped up as needed. It would be a good idea to have an oil change done as well.
2. The tires – Check the tires to make sure they are properly inflated, check for damage or bulging, and tread wear.
3. The filters – Check the air and cabin filters. If they are dirty have them replaced.
4. The battery – Winter can be hard on batteries. Before you head out on the road have your battery tested to make sure it is charging properly.
5. The lights – Make sure all the lights and signals are functioning properly. If there are any bulbs burnt out have them replaced.
Also, pack an emergency kit. Even though it is summer it is still a good idea to have an emergency kit in the vehicle. Some things to include: food, water, flashlight, extra clothing and a first aid kit. For more information about
kits please check out CAA’s Emergency Preparedness list: https://www.caamanitoba.com/community_emergency
If you have any tips or interesting places to visit along the way, please let me know by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you planning a road trip? Call us to schedule an inspection at 204-987-2461 or by email at email@example.com.